• 4 8-ounce Bison ribeye steaks
• 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
• 1½ pounds French plums, pitted and cut into eighths
• ½ cup St. Francis Cabernet Sauvignon
• 2 tablespoons sugar
• 1 tablespoon fresh tarragon, chopped
• 1 teaspoon olive oil
• Salt and freshly ground pepper
Preheat gas grill to medium-high heat.
In a large sauté pan, melt butter over medium-high heat. Add plums and cook for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until plums are lightly browned. Add wine and sugar and continue cooking for 4 minutes or until plums are soft and liquid has been reduced and thickened. Remove from heat. Add tarragon and a pinch of salt to taste.
Rub steaks with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Grill steaks for 5-8 minutes per side, or until a thermometer reads 125°F. Let steaks rest for 5 minutes.
Top each steak with a dab of plum compote and serve.